“Elena, it’s already days into December, why are you posting your recap NOW?” you may be asking. Or not because you may be also saying, “oh yeah, of course she’s posting it now because she is perpetually behind.” I would like to record to note that I had a post all prepared when it was actually the first of December but then my blog ATE IT. Then I lost my motivation. But now I have gained motivation for spending time in front of my laptop screen because this is what it looks like outside right now:
That isn’t fog that you see but AIR POLLUTION. The official status is: HAZARDOUS. The lowest qualifier for “hazardous” is 300AQI and we are currently at
488AQI 505AQI. Who cares about breathing, am I right? Don’t worry, I am v fashionable in my face mask.
Here are some tunes I’m clicking repeat on & etc:
NOTE: the original post for this has mysteriously disappeared so I am re-posting.
To my fellow Americans, Happy Thanksgiving! Please eat an extra slice of pie for me and say someone from the Internet told you do it. Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten the chance to see The Book Thief film yet as it’s not one of the 30ish foreign films China allows. X’ing my fingers it’ll still be playing in theaters when I’m home or I guess I can always cry in the comfort of my room!
markus zusak – the book thief
1280×800 • 1440×900 • 1680×1050 • 1920×1200 • 2560×1400 • iPhone • iPhone 5 • iPad
It’s officially my birthday everywhere and I am officially shameless. I struggled a LOT with this Top Ten Tuesday (top ten books I’d recommend for people who think YA sucks, top ten books I’d recommend for people who are hungry, etc.!) but I finally decided to go all out and do something very specific to my interests. Alternate title: “top ten books I’d recommend for people who want characters that would be fun at parties.” But that’s sort of a mouthful. Anyway, here are ten characters I think would be great birthday party guests:
Hi! Today, I’m a part of the blog tour of One & Only by Viv Daniels aka Diana Peterfreund. I have her playlist for the book and a giveaway.
Hey! This is a tentative note saying I will sporadically be back. I’m still quite busy but I have THINGS TO POST. So I will. Soon. I don’t think it’ll be full steam ahead here until 2014 (which is like, around the corner…? WOW!). Oh, I’ve been blogging for my internship about Shanghai if you’re interested. Here is the link! As always, I’m around Twitter if you want to chat.
I’m feeling chatty right now so let me know:
- What’s the last book you’ve read?
- Your favorite book of 2013 so far?
- Any music that you can’t keep on repeating?
- Your favorite breakfast food?
- Last thing you ate?
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. My internet wasn’t working so I had to GASP, read! It was a fairly quick read for me?
- AUGH SO HARD! I’m going to be a cheat so it’s a book I read in 2013, not released: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I desperately want to watch the film with a pack of tissues in hand.
- Elderbrook – Rewinding. Like the lyrics say, I can’t stop reeeewinding.
- I am Ron Swanson. Give me ALL THE EGGS AND BACON YOU HAVE. Okay, just kidding because I have a bit of Knope in me too with a love for waffles. I also like pancakes, especially banana walnut pancakes. Breakfast is my JAM. (Pun intended.)
- Well, it’s morning here so dinner last night was at the wonderful Din Tai Fung. Their soup dumplings are delicious! OH WAIT. I had crêpes for dessert, yum.
Xs and Os to you all.